Friday, March 6, 2015

Sunset Daffodils

Well, I guess I haven't kept up with this blog as much as I'd thought I did.

I've shot so much photography, and published it all over the place like Google+, Facebook, and Flickr, but I thought I placed it here.

I shot so much stuff in 2012, that I guess I've just never gotten around to ever posting it.

I used a vintage VIVITAR 55mm orange filter on these.

They were sometimes called "sunset filters", but were originally invented for black & white photography to help the film exposure see things like the sky which is often as "nonrepro blue". Using orange light band wavelength would clash with the blue light band and what would normally show as nothing on the film negative exposure would show up as a sky, or whatever you were using a color filter for.

In the 1970s orange filters were popular in color photography giving it a sunset effect which looked like a sunset lighting, but usually used for human portraits or figures. My father extensively studied this technique as a teenager, and actually took college classes just to learn how to use his camera. And, I learned this technique directly from my father.

I'd seen this technique in magazines & editorials throughout the 1980s-1990s then it just sort of fell out of use.

I'm also using a common SLR FOG FILTER in these.

I like to experiment with everything in a nontraditional way. And, I'm always very psyched about finding and using old vintage components like filters, or lenses.

WW Las Vegas Comic Con
Mac of all Trades $20 Off
Apple iMac Computers In Stock! 728 x 90
Empire: Total War - Gold Edition
Wizard World Comic Con
Batman: Arkham Asylum


1 comment:

  1. feel warm looking at these photos, it seems spring is coming early

    ReplyDelete